1940 can be considered a landmark of women’s football in Belo Horizonte – or, at least, considering the oldest archives. Women’s football began in Rio de Janeiro (Federal Capital at that time) had wide repercussion around Brazil and emerged a women’s football club in one of peculiar place in Belo Horizonte. According to the records from Estado de Minas Newspaper, from April 5, 1940, this new affiliation, received the name ‘Mineiras Football Club”, founded by a group of ladies from Muriaé Street, on Carlos Prates neighborhood”.
Search: Irene Campos Lara
Text: Renan Damasceno
Copyright: Archive from Estado de Minas Newspaper